"Studia Slavica et Balcanica Petropolitana" has been published since 2007. ISSN 1995-848X
It is the only Russian international journal on Slavic historical studies with the international editorial staff and the international editorial board.
The aim of the journal is to publish the results of the latest research in the history of the Slavic and Balkan nations, introduce new sources, and review the most interesting up-to-date books in the field of Slavic Studies.
When selecting materials the editors adhere to the following principles:
- the novelty and the importance of research;
- originality of research: publication in the journal should be the first one for all materials; full or partial reprinting of the already published texts is not allowed;
- high standard of research – articles go through the process of anonymous peer-reviewing by both the members of the editorial board and other scholars from around the world;
- academic response to the research; forums, debates and discussions on the issues causing the greatest response in todays historiography;
- the significance of the research for the history of the Slavic peoples.
Preference is given to
- the publication of sources, articles containing new data and concepts, or an entirely new interpretation of known scientific problems
- the scale and the fundamental nature of the research
- the materials suggesting a solution to a major academic problem
- the international character of research.
The journal offers its pages to the authors from all countries. We prefer to publish articles in the original language (Russian, English, German, all Slavic languages), except where the translation into a more widespread language will help expand readership.
The main mission of the journal as an academic periodical is to disseminate publications of new research on the large parts of Europe from the Baltic to the Mediterranean and from the Danube and the Oder to central Russia across the entire international academic community.
"Studia Slavica et Balcanica Petropolitana" is an open-access journal.